Design a Dress Competition
To be in with a chance of winning, you need to create a design that is elegant, discreetly sexy and timeless: think about details that will set your dress apart from all the others.
Entrants should submit an A4 size sketch of their design showing both the front view and the back.
A second A4 sheet should be submitted with a technical sketch of the design (front and back) showing the intended construction, together with a brief outline (maximum of 250 words) that explains the inspiration behind the design and how the designer anticipates the 2D design being fashioned into a 3D garment – will the dress be cut in panels/on the bias/with darts/pleats/gathers? Is your design structured or fluid/combination of both?
In addition, you need to think about the type of fabric that will be used. For example, will your dress be made out of Duchesse Satin/silk Zibeline/beaded tulle/lace/sequinned mesh/velvet?
All sketches must be done by hand. They may be done in any medium: pencil, pen, ink wash, charcoal etc. CAD entries will not be accepted. On the back of each piece of paper, please write your:
- Date of birth
- Contact telephone number
- Contact email address
- Name and address of your school
- Your class
Entries should be sent to Antonia Pugh-Thomas, 659 Fulham Road, London, SW6 5PY.
Please print out these Terms and Conditions and ask a parent or guardian to sign and date them so that we know that you have read through them and understood the whole competition.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is Antonia Pugh-Thomas whose registered office is at 659 Fulham Road, London, SW6 5PY.
- Employees of Antonia Pugh-Thomas or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via www.antoniapugh-thomas.co.uk
- Closing date for entry will be Saturday 31st October 2015. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows:
a) One entry per person
b) All entries must be done by hand. Any Computer Aided Design will be disqualified.
c) The winning design will be made in a standard UK size 12.
d) The winning design will be auctioned via Ebay on 31st December 2015. All proceeds will be donated to Glass Door, which provides shelter for homeless people living in West London.
e) The one week of work experience will be arranged at a mutually convenient time for both the promoter and the winner. The work experience is unpaid and no cash alternative will be offered in the event that the winner choses not to accept a week’s work experience.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. The prize are not transferable.
- The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 10 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available on the main window of shop (Antonia Pugh-Thomas, 659 Fulham Road, SW6 5PY) from 1 December-31st December 2015.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Antonia Pugh-Thomas and not to any other party.
I have read and understood the Terms & Conditions for the Design A Dress Competition